“A green building is one which uses less water, optimises energy efficiency, conserves natural resources, generates less waste and provides healthier spaces for occupants, as compared to a conventional building.”
Features of Green Building
- Adequate daylight and ventilation for living areas: Ample ventilation in apartments helps to breathe lavishly and also allow indoor plants leads to a healthy life.
- 100 % rainwater harvesting: The rainwater from the roof can be collected and connected to the rainwater pit holes and rainwater tank.
- Energy efficient building envelope: The raw material used for the building envelope such as glazing, coating, adhesives are highly energy efficient and helps to reduce greenhouse gas emission.
- Efficient landscape design: The well constructed landscape with the intention to preserve the natural environment and also helps the people to be more eco-friendly and healthy.
- Use of eco-friendly building materials: The renewable building materials are used for construction.
- 35 % portable water saving: The efficient plumbing fixtures help to save water.
- Low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) paints and Adhesives: The low VOC paints and adhesives using in the apartment emits less hazardous waste.
- High Solar Reflective Index (SRI) Roof: The high solar reflective paints applied on the roof reduce its surface temperate leads to the reduction of room temperature, giving a great relief from the burning summer heat. Heat resistant tiles can also for the same purpose.